Rubber gaskets have various shapes and are made using moulds.
Rubber mixtures for rubber gasket vulcanization contain various basic elastomers. The gaskets fall in the following categories:
- – SBR rubber gaskets – generally used in the temperature range of -30°C, +70°C;
- – EPDM rubber gaskets resistant to a temperature of maximum 130°C;
- – natural rubber gaskets with a good resistance to wear and rubber ageing;
- – NBR nitrile rubber gaskets, have a good resistance in oil mediums;
- – neoprene rubber gaskets with a good resistance to wear and rubber ageing;
- – silicone rubber gaskets with a very good resistance to temperatures of 300°C.
- – Viton rubber gaskets – have a very good resistance to oils and temperatures of 300°C.